What are the benefits of Hormone Balancing Therapy?
- In a recent Danish study regarding Hormone Balancing, after 10 years of treatment, women receiving hormone replacement therapy early after menopause had a significantly reduced risk of mortality, heart failure or heart attack, without any apparent increase in risk of cancer or stroke.
- A randomized, controlled clinical trial — the Kronos Early Estrogen Prevention Study (KEEPS) — exploring Hormone Balancing and estrogen use and heart disease in younger postmenopausal women was recently completed, with results expected soon.
Should you consider Hormone Balancing therapy?
- Experience moderate to severe hot flashes or other menopausal symptoms
- Have lost bone mass and either can’t tolerate or aren’t benefitting from other treatments
- Stopped having periods before age 40 (premature menopause) or lost normal function of your ovaries before age 40 (premature ovarian insufficiency)
Women who experience an early menopause, particularly those who had their ovaries removed and don’t take estrogen therapy until at least age 45, have a higher risk of:
- Coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Earlier death
- Parkinsonism (Parkinson’s-like symptoms)
- Anxiety or depression
- Sexual function concerns
As Oprah Winfrey stated on her television show and her website, “An analysis by a hormone specialist is exactly what I need. I’ve been having issues for two years that nobody can figure out. I keep asking my doctors because I highly suspect it is hormonal. Not enough doctors know or care enough about women’s hormonal issues. So yes, I need a blood analysis!”
Early menopause typically lowers the risk of most types of breast cancer and ovarian cancer. For women who reach menopause prematurely, protective benefits of hormone therapy usually outweigh the risks.
Your age, type of menopause and time since menopause play a significant role in the risks associated with hormone therapy. Talk with your doctor about your personal risks.
Contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION to find out more benefits and specific risks of Hormone Balancing therapy.
We are here to help!
JoyRich Health Care Centers &
BeFree Centers for Addiction
2387 Professional Heights Plaza
Lexington, KY 40503
(Ref: Mayo Clinic, WebMD)