|Finding a Primary Care Center that is Right for YouNot all Primary Care Centers are the same. You should feel comfortable and confident with who you chose to handle your Primary Care needs.A Primary Care Center is just that: the first person you see for your health care needs. Whether you’re managing several conditions or simply trying to stay healthy, it’s important to have one. Developing a strong relationship with a Primary Care Center helps ensure not only that you feel comfortable with your Primary Care Center but also that they know you well enough to provide care tailored to your needs.
Prepare for your visit
Once you’ve found a primary care physician and made your first appointment, make sure you’re prepared. Bringing along the following items can help ensure a more successful first visit:
- Bottles of all the medications you’re currently taking.
- A list of your questions you have concerning your health, history and treatment.
- A notebook and something to write with.
- Your insurance card and Identification.
Some common questions you should ask If you have just received a diagnosis:
- How will my condition progress in the future?
- What are my treatment options?
If you are given a new prescription:
- How will this help my condition?
- What are the possible side effects?
- Would a generic drug work just as well?
If you’re told you need a test:
- How will this test be used to diagnose or monitor my condition?
- What are the benefits and risks of having this test?
- When will I get the results, and how will they be communicated to me?
Have regular check-ups
If you like who you have chosen and feel comfortable with him or her, ask before you leave when you should schedule your next appointment. Regular check-ups — even when you’re healthy — can help you and your Primary Care Center prevent problems and catch diseases in their earliest and most treatable stages.
If you have any questions or concerns or are simply looking for a new Primary Care Center, we are here to answer your questions.
Give us a call… We are here to help you.
We are here to help!
JoyRich Health Care Centers &
BeFree Centers for Addiction
2387 Professional Heights Plaza
Lexington, KY 40503