Lose Weight when you balance your system.
HRT – Hormone Replacement Therapy
One of the features of balancing your hormone and testosterone levels is more energy. More energy allows you to simply do more of what you enjoy. Let’s face it, the more energy we have, the more we do the activities we love. We lose weight simply by getting out and doing the things we enjoy! Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is given to some women whose estrogen and progesterone levels drop significantly because of the menopause. Estrogen and progesterone are hormones. HRT tops up a woman’s levels of essential hormones. HRT may also refer to male hormonal treatment.
Who should consider HRT?
If you are experiencing some of these symptoms HRT may just be what you need.
- Loss of Energy
- Poor Focus
- Poor concentration
- Loss of Muscle Tone
- Decreased Exercise Tolerance
- Prolonged Recovery from Exercise
- Decreased Sexual Desire
- Higher Bad Cholesterol
- Hot Flashes/Night Sweats- Women
- Decreased Erectile Function/Prostate Enlargement- Men
- No Improvement with Exercise
- Weight Gain in Spite of Exercise
- Loss of Memory
You don’t have to live with these symptoms.
With over 100 years of combined medical experience, JoyRich Healthcare Centers provide our patients with an opportunity to overcome these symptoms through bio-identical hormone replacement. Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) has been widely used throughout the world to help both men and women balance their hormones and provide for a more positive general well-being.
How do I know if HRT is right for me?
Joy Rich Healthcare centers offers a FREE consultation to ALL new patients! As part of this consultation, we can help formulate a plan custom designed for you. Once we have established, with our client that our custom tailored program is right for you, an analysis of your blood test results with a focus on estrogen, testosterone, thyroid, pituitary, and adrenal levels will allow us to determine if HRT is the answer to your symptoms. Consistent check-ins and evaluation to monitor your levels and make appropriate adjustments will help you reach your desired hormone levels to obtain your goals, whether it be weight loss, focus, sexual desire, stamina, or better workouts.
HRT – FIVE AREAS OF FOCUS
Estrogen– there are three forms made by the body: estrone, estradiol and estriol. The form used in past hormone replacement therapies is synthetic estrogen, often in the form of concentrated pregnant mare’s urine (premarin). It is a proliferative hormone that grows the lining of the uterus It will treat menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, insomnia and memory-loss. With the bio-identical formulas estriol is matched with estradiol (biest) to provide protective effects and additional estrogenic benefits. The other major protector in keeping estradiol from running amok is progesterone.
Testosterone– is an anabolic hormone (builds tissue) that is essential for men and women. The proper level of testosterone is necessary for bone health, muscle strength, stamina, sex drive and performance, heart function and mental focus.
Progesterone– is called the anti-estrogen because it balances estradiol’s proliferate effects. It is considered preventive for breast and prostate cancers as well as osteoporosis. In addition too little progesterone promotes depression, irritability, increased inflammation, irregular menses, breast tenderness, urinary frequency and prostate gland enlargement (BPH).
DHEA- is an important adrenal gland hormone, which is essential for energy production and blood sugar balance. DHEA is a precursor to other hormones, mainly testosterone.
Cortisol– is your waking day hormone (highest in the morning and lowest at night). It is necessary for energy production, blood sugar metabolism, anti-inflammatory effects and stress response.
There are a lot of people, both men and women, asking the question “What is Bio-identical hormone replacement?” While all treatment programs are NOT the same, (Some, actually can be more harmful than helpful.) at JoyRich Health Care Centers we use Natural hormone replacement treatments known as “bio-identical hormone therapy”. With less side effects than most treatment programs, it offers you the premier method to feel your best!
What benefits can you expect from HRT – Bio-identical hormone replacement?
- Improves mood
- Improves energy levels
- Eliminates night sweats and hot flashes
- Improves memory and concentration
- Improves sex drive
- Lose Weight
- Prevents vaginal thinning & dryness
- Improves fat loss and muscle tone
- Decreases skin wrinkles
- Protects bones from osteoporosis
- Reduces risks of heart disease
Healthy levels of Male Testosterone can make a world of a difference in how we feel, look and perform. It is a common question being asked by people more often today than ever. “Is it Low T?”. Low T can cause low libido (decreased sex drive), which is a lack of desire for sex that may lead to reduced sexual activity.
If you feel that your sex drive is much lower than what you are used to and you have some of the other symptoms of Low T, you may have low testosterone. To find out more, please contact us for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Low Male Testosterone symptoms.
1) Muscle loss –Medically termed “atrophy”, Muscle atrophy occurs faster in men who are less physically active prior to their 50’s. Your protein intake also plays a large role in the retention of a person’s muscle by the time he ages to his late 40′s.Testosterone is also a muscle building hormone. That’s why athletes who look forward to getting more muscles take in testosterone supplements to expedite increase in muscle mass.
2) Reduced Quality of life – Basically this means your overall happiness. A person with low testosterone levels will experience a lack of energy. This will effect many aspects of your life making simple task tedious and exertive task seem almost impossible (Sports etc..) Men in their 50’ are still urged to at least get 2-3 hours week of exercise for cardiovascular health and to ward off obesity.
3) Decreased Sexi Drive – As well as a declining libido, inadequate testosterone levels will also cause weak erections. Some men in their 50’s might find it easy to get an erection but will eventually find it difficult to maintain throughout intercourse. Weak erections are due to the inability of the penis to hold the blood inside its tissues. This capability loosens up with age and testosterone inadequacy.
4) Infertility – Women with low testosterone levels will have ovarian atrophy. This decline n the function of the female ovary render is unable to produce healthy egg cells which are needed by the sperm to produce a successful conception.
5) Mood Swings – Your mood is affected by the quality of sleep you get. Low levels of testosterone, usually causes poor sleep in men and women. Women encounter hot flushes and men experience night sweats which affect the level of comfort while sleeping.
6) Depression – Because of the body’s capability to perform tasks , you may feel inferior in comparison to what your previous self could do. If you don’t feel like you once did, depression may set in. If you feel this symptom in particular, please contact your Primary Care Facility or visit JoyRich Health Care Centers for a FREE CONSULTATION. Depression can be the cause of many other health concerns including insomnia.
7) Osteoporosis – Testosterone plays a large role in keeping the bones of our body solid and intact. Once testosterone falls below normal levels, our bodies frame soon follows.
Benefits of balancing Male Testosterone to healthy levels.
Here is a brief list of benefits of testosterone therapy that most men experience in our treatment program:
- Improved sexual desire, function and performance
- Improved bone density
- Lose Weight
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Decreased body fat
- Better mood and quality of life
- More energy and better sleep
- Improve brain function and reduced risk of Alzheimer’s
- Better blood sugar regulation and decreased risk of diabetes
- More nitric oxide production and more oxygen delivered to cells
Those who ask questions about “Testosterone for men”, should consult their Primary Care Facility to understand the benefits of such a program. JoyRich Health Care Centers IS a Primary Care Center and BEYOND!
Before any patient starts our Male Testosterone replenishment program we will utilize extensive laboratory testing along with a detailed health history to assess what hormones to recommend. Our methods of replenishment are creams, pellets, injections and capsules. After reviewing your labs with the nurse practitioner you will discuss which method is best for you.
Creams: Are compounded specifically for each patient. They are usually applied twice daily and absorbed into the skin. This method of delivery is a slower process and your results may vary due to absorption rate and compliance with applying the creams.
Pellets: Pellets are made up of either estradiol or testosterone. The hormones are pressed or fused into very small solid cylinders. These pellets are larger than a grain of rice and smaller than a ‘Tick Tac’. In the United States, the majority of pellets are made by compounding pharmacists and delivered in sterile glass vials. There is a ‘FDA approved’ 75 mg testosterone pellet. Pellets have been used in both men and women since the late 1930’s. The insertion of pellets is a simple, relatively painless procedure done under local anesthesia. The pellets are usually inserted in the upper buttocks through a small incision, which is then taped. After the insertion of the implants, vigorous physical activity is avoided for 48 hours in women and up to 5 to 7 days in men. Early physical activity is a cause of “extrusion”, which is a pellet working its way out. Complications from the insertion of pellets can include; minor bleeding or bruising, discoloration of the skin, infection, and the possible extrusion of the pellet. Other than slight bruising, or discoloration of the skin, these complications are very rare.
Testosterone stimulates the bone marrow and increases the production of red blood cells. A low testosterone level in older men can be associated with anemia. Testosterone, delivered by implants or other methods, can cause an elevation in the red blood cells. If the hemoglobin and hematocrit (blood count) get too high, a unit of blood may be donated. Testosterone may cause a slight increase in facial hair, deeper voices, and acne in some women.
Injections: Intramuscular testosterone has been used for years due to its effectiveness and low cost. Testosterone suspended in grape seed oil is injected directly into the muscle usually once a week or every two weeks. Your body slowly absorbs the testosterone into the bloodstream. Intramuscular testosterone injections are deep and may produce pain, site reactions, or severe itching.
Capsules: Progesterone Capsules are available in multiple strengths to afford dosage flexibility for optimum management. Progesterone Capsules contain 50 mg, 100 mg or 200 mg micronized progesterone and are usually taken one to two hours before bedtime.
While every one of our clients needs are different, we not only strive to get you feeling better and living a more Joyful life, we constantly monitor these levels to make sure you maintain a safe and healthy balance
At JoyRich Health Care Centers, We provide primary care to all patients in an ethical, high quality and compassionate way. We go above and beyond to understand each patients individual needs.
Benefits of Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy in men:
- Improves energy levels
- Improves memory & concentration
- Improves sleep
- Increases muscle mass and strength
- Improves sex drive
- Lose Weight
- Improves fast loss and muscle tone
- Helps hair re-growth on scalp
- Improves bone strength
- Decreases joint pain and muscle aches
- Protects against heart disease
If you have any questions or concerns about bio identical hormone replacement therapy and how it can help you lose weight or any other service that we offer, don’t hesitate to check out our website WWW.JRHCC.COM or give us a call. Our helpful staff is pleased to assist you!
Please contact us for your FREE CONSULTATION regarding bio identical hormone replacement therapy and start living a more Joyful life TODAY!
For much more information regarding HRT and how it can help you lose weight.. Click the link below.
We are here to help!
JoyRich Health Care Centers &
BeFree Centers for Addiction
2387 Professional Heights Plaza
Lexington, KY 40503